Friday, June 27, 2008

In the quiet of a library...

Hi folks! I know its been a looooong while since I blogged. I keep promising myself I'd write down this particular incident or that but then something always comes up to keep me from writing it. I do plan to blog in later posts how my birthday went (yup, its been that long) and how Father's Day went (yup, I still remember) and how generally life is shaping up for me here.

Those are for later posts though. Right now, I'm grabbing the opportunity to get a few words in before I continue the grind of working on the pile of stuff I have to do for Misyon that have been stacking up the past days. I am writing this post inside the Cecil H. Green Library in Stanford College. Yup, Stanford. This is not because I am now a student here (wish ko lang) but rather I am once a guest in this prestigious institution. :P At least I can imagine myself as being a scholarly individual again (even for just a few hours). The campus is beautiful and facilities are great and as usual its 5:20 in the afternoon but the light outside is more like 4:30 in the afternoon :)

Why am I in Stanford? Well for the simple reason that its the only place I can hang out in while waiting for my husband to finish up at work so we can go to Ikea together to pick out his chair. Since someone donated a rocking chair for me, he's supposed to have his own chair too (that's according to him of course). Since our good friend Eena studies and works in Stanford (which I learned is its own city, complete with its very own zip code) I got to spend half of my day here again. The atmosphere is so conducing to work though that I was able to work on three stories while I am here in contrast to when I am just at home working. Feeling Stanford student siguro :P Well, that's all for now.

I will post those promised kwentos next time but suffice it to say that in all the things that have been happening, I see God's loving hand in each of them. He always has a surprise for me within each day and though I miss family and friends back in the Philippines, I learn day in and day out that God is indeed sufficient. :) Hope all is well with all of you! 'til next time. . . :P

No comments: