Monday, April 30, 2007

Back to Basics

We all have our good days and our not-so-good days. Whenever I stumble and fall -- choosing to give in to temptation over what I know is right and I begin to find that I had walked back into my own 'prison cell' so to speak...I find I go back to the basics. I go down on my knees and once again acknowledge that my way wasn't such a good idea after all, that He did know better. Holding on to truths about who I am and who He is helps stem the tide of self-recrimination. Songs are ways by which I remind myself of who I am and who God is, despite my mistakes. This song helps me remember....Remembering gives me the strength to stand up once more and keep on walking. Such love...it still boggles my mind....Yet, I am nonetheless grateful for its stubbornness and tenacity. My hope is that He will never cease to remind me and may I never cease to stand up and hope in Him....

No comments: