Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Why I choose to Love...


Most will say Love is a choice. I agree. Why would I choose to love? I choose to love because as in the paradox of life -- to love is to bind oneself to the Beloved. In doing so, I become free. Free to do what? To love even more.

I can cite physical attributes for reasons to love -- the person is beautiful/handsome, well established in life, comes from a good clan. These indeed have its rightful place in the choice of loving but God doesn't love with human standards. Buti na lang.

I don't deem to know much about His way of loving. I do know how it is to be on the receiving end of it. The Bible says God looks and judges the hearts of men. I do not know what He sees in my heart to continue loving me despite all the times that I hurt Him, choose to hurt Him and still disbelieve the sincerity of His love for me. Most likely because I can not seem to find anything loveable about myself therefore why should He love me? Yet He does.

I came to the point I ceased to question that kind of Love but instead became grateful for the constancy of that love. Love is a choice. May I continue choosing to accept the Love He gives me. With each choice to love another, I love Him back. With every choice to love myself the way He loves me, I love Him back. In choosing to Love, I am freed to become Me...at the end of the road, I hope to truly understand what Love sees in me.

2 comments:

jun asis said...

It is easy to love when you "feel" doing it, when you get something out of it. Choosing to love, despite your emotions (anger, impatience, etc), is the hard part - but the better expression of love in my opinion.

MTFR said...

May I have the grace to keep loving in that way. :)