Saturday, February 28, 2009

Time does indeed fly by fast...

It's been almost two months since I last blogged. That does not mean nothing has been happening in my life. To the contrary, a lot of milestones have come and gone, most especially when it comes to my daughter, Thérèse. She turned 5 months a few days ago and she has come a long way from the time we brought her home.

A few months ago, my greatest concern was how I was unable to fully satisfy her nutritional needs through breastfeeding. Since then I've made peace with the reality that I need to supplement her feeding with formula. If it's for her betterment, I'm willing to let go of the 'shoulds' and live with the 'coulds'. These past months my concern has been her need for quality sleep. She's a light sleeper and the slightest noise wakes her. After two hours of trying to get her to sleep, having her wake up so easily was kind of frustrating. I remember many a nights wherein I found myself crying out to Mary to help me put Thérèse to sleep. Nowadays my concern is how to teach her how to soothe herself to sleep when she wakes up. I don't remember how I was taught to go back to sleep by myself so Junby and I are reading up on the methods. There are the Cry It Out Methods and the No Cry Methods. Hopefully by next week we can decide between us which method to try with Thérèse.

We started Thérèse on semi-solids last week for breafast. So far she's getting the hang of it. She now opens her mouth expectantly when we sit down for breakfast. She has better control of her hands now and finds her toes fascinating.



Last Wednesday she was also blessed and signed with the cross in ashes.

A lot is still to come and I am just grateful I have this chance to take care of her full-time and to be part of her wonder at the world. Thérèse's delight at most things helps me see why God calls us to be like little children. A sense of wonder cannot fail to bring us to an experience of the Divine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

such a super gorgeus baby that you are Therese!! Thank you Mitz for taking time this morning to come online so that we could finally see you and Therese!! yay! it was such fun, even if ako lang ang naka wakal haha. and of course i particularly enjoyed that little munchkin. sapagka patient nga bata. sunod gid sa nanay. i won't tell you how insanely busy we were this morning, deadline after deadline. i was actually trying to multitask pero gaka dula ko sa gina himo ko kay ka super charming kay baby! o sige na tapos na ni akon nga freaking out.wala ko bi gina ka freak out sa office mo. haha sa amo to nga lagay, wala pa no...na miss ta gid ka girl.

Lots of love,
Anne