Monday, February 12, 2007

Oasis

When life gets hectic, the tendency is to work harder to be able to cope with the piles and piles of work that seem to never diminish. I, on the other hand, do the opposite. When I find myself running around like a headless chicken, so to speak, I will myself to slow down and stop. It helps me take stock of my present circumstances and allows me to regroup and regain much needed energy to finish the tasks ahead. :)

So, despite the mound of papers I need to check, the grades that await completion, and the hundred and one little things that add up to a feeling of being overwhelmed ...I took today off for a Day of Prayer with my brothers and sisters in community. I'm glad I did. :)

Today was a lesson in being present to my Present. Relishing the feel of wind that gusted from the sea, the relative quiet of the place - no cars, no TV, no radio . . . just the sounds of nature.



Breathing in deeply the air that blew strongly from the sea, seeing the waves slowly advancing upon the shore, good company, good food, and a general sense of well-being helped slow me down and energized me to tackle the tasks ahead.

I came away from that oasis with a renewed sense of who I am, what I am about and most importantly, that I am not alone -- I am loved by Love.

No comments: