Monday, June 04, 2007

Final Hurrah for Summer 2007

The last leg of Summer 2007 saw me mixing work and play. May 28-June 1 2007 was a week-long training for CYA. Commonly known as the Summer Training Conference (STC), this year's Visayas STC was held at Sunrise Beach Resort in Guimbal, Iloilo. Having the conference by the seashore I think helped me stay relatively stress free. I have always felt soothed by the sound of the waves rushing to shore.

An unexpected blessing was the full moon on the last night of the seminar. I love full moons! They seem to speak to me of God's love. Being at the beach under the light of a bright and silvery full moon was indeed a blessing. Another boon was serving alongside people who epitomize the conference's theme...'Radical Loving, Radical Living'.



After a long week of service, I opted to have a three days and two nights enjoying the last days of summer visiting Guimaras. I had never been there and having heard so many good things about the place, I decided to convince my fellow workers to take a few days off with me. It was worth it although the travel was tiring. Here are a few pics of our adventures...

No comments: