Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sweetness personified part 2

Here are some pictures I took of the three dozen long-stemmed red roses and chocolates my sweet fiance sent me yesterday:



This must be the most number of roses I got from him so far. The chocolates are quite good too -- there goes my diet (for now).

Gazing at the roses, I realized something...we are like God in that we use objects to say in one gesture what we would like to say in a thousand words. God wanted to tell us who he is and what he is about. He spent centuries speaking about Himself especially to a specific people yet it was not enough. So He came as a person -- Jesus, that by seeing Jesus we will have a clearer picture of what He had been trying to say. This Sunday we celebrate the Body and Blood of Christ...now if that isn't the most succinct way of saying something, I don't know what else can say it best.

Thank you Sweetie for being like God in that you speak without words. Truly I am blessed.

2 comments:

Binut/Keyt said...

what a wonderful reflection about the roses! =)

MTFR said...

thank you...if you can't say it with words...say it with your life...:)