Saturday, June 09, 2007

Sweetness personified

Today was an ordinary day except for the love and care I felt from my fiance who is a thousand miles away. How was he able to do that? Well, this good man has his ways of making me smile. First, he was quite understanding that I couldn't chat with him since I had work this morning. That might not mean a lot to others but its a very big step for my sweetie. He likes having me around (I must have quite a fascinating personality, naks -- nagbuhat ng sariling bangko :P).

Next, though he must have wanted to have me stay and vidchat with him after lunch (we haven't 'seen' much of each other the past weeks due to his work load and my service in CYA) he instead told me I needed to sleep (I must have looked quite haggard ;P). Isn't he thoughtful?

I didn't really feel like getting up after my nap but since I needed to visit my best friend's dressmaker to have myself measured for her wedding, I stumbled out of bed. What greeted me were two boxes. One was a long rectangular box that I have become quite familiar with the past months and one square box which was quite new to me. As I suspected, it came from my thoughtful, sweet and romantic fiance -- deep red rose buds (three dozen to be exact!) and a box of Belgian sweets! Will post the pics later since I prefer to take photos in natural light (naks, feeling marunong). :)

Such extravagance is something I had to get used to. I'm a simple girl with simple joys and to be lavished with such attention and gifts was quite overwhelming at first. I would be hypocritical though if I said I didn't feel flattered by it either. I thank God for such loving coming from a good, generous and thoughtful man. I am indeed blessed. Knowing him, he isn't going to stop doing this after we are married and somehow I have come to look forward to such sweetness from him. I pray I can love him well in return.

1 comment:

Binut/Keyt said...

awww ... how sweet! Happy Birthday, Mitzi!