Monday, July 24, 2006

The Precious Things in Life

It is good to touch base with people who know you inside and out. I realize now how right my leader in community was when she urged me to cultivate relationships among the sisters. At that time, I was more open to the brothers finding their directness refreshing to the roundabout way women tended to be. In my opinion, men were easier to talk to. One need not worry about inadvertently trampling on their feelings. Yet, my leader in community made it my weekly "assignment" to get to know a new sister each week. She shared that no matter what state of life we will find ourselves later in, our friendships with women would become our strength and refuge. She was right.

Today, when I couldn't figure out what was expected of me or what I had done wrong this time, a call to a girl friend restored my faith in my own goodness. Our talk of inane things which were for us important but for men would be plain silly helped restore my spirits.

I'm glad I took the time and the challenge of establishing good women friends because there comes a point where only fellow women would understand. That's all I needed actually - to be understood, to be affirmed, to be encouraged, yet to be corrected with love. My girl friends are several of the precious things in my life. There are several others but for today...this is one particular treasure I am particularly grateful for.


2 comments:

Leo Saguisag said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leo Saguisag said...

I apologize for upsetting you. Sorry.