Friday, July 07, 2006

What could have been

I called up an uncle today
to ask if he would do me the honor
of giving me away...

Made me think
of what could have been
If Papa hadn't passed away...

I missed him all of a sudden...

I prayed that he help me be the good wife I should be. I prayed that he watch over the man I have chosen to love, that he would be kept safe always. I prayed that he guard me with his love as I take another step without him by my side. I prayed that he take care of Mama and Honey as I start my own family. I prayed that he be there at my wedding day to bless me and my fiance, Junby.

Papa, thank you for keeping watch over the years and thank you for praying for your little girl. I know I've slipped up here and there but I guess your fatherly love continued well beyond death.

No comments: